ADVANCED TRAINING PROGRAM
SUBLETTE COUNTY, WY
JULY 12th, 13th, 14th – 2019
This 2.5 day Advanced Program fully prepares participants in the latest Vehicle Extrication & Rescue Techniques
– TWO FULL DAYS OF HANDS-ON TRAINING –
WYOMING PARTICIPANTS! CLASS IS COVERED BY THE SAFER GRANT
PROVIDED IN PART BY:
SUBLETTE COUNTY UNIFIED FIRE
Participants will Receive a Provider Certificate that Meets/Exceeds NFPA Standards for Operations Level
The first evening of this course are spent studying advanced steels & vehicle construction features, basic/advanced techniques & creating occupant space. The last two days are spent in the field. This provides for plenty of hands on time to polish old techniques & learn new skills.
THIS CLASS IS 2.5 DAYS – FRIDAY JULY 12th CLASS STARTS AT 1800 & ENDS AT 2100
Day 1 of 3 – Presented By Brock Archer & Steve Kimker
– 1800 – Orientation: Introductions, etc.
– 1830 – Vehicle Construction: Changes in vehicle construction, modern vehicle construction challenges, construction materials, push and pull points, directing metal rip, tool vs. material, anatomy, and common terminology will all be covered in this segment.
– 1930 – Basic & Advanced Techniques: Instructor Archer will shed light on basic extrication techniques with great attention to detail. Causes of the common problems rescuers encounter will be covered so a more consistent result can be achieved. Dash Displacement, Door Removal, Roof Removal, Total Side-Wall, Hood & Trunk Access will all be covered. Then during the advanced techniques section, Brock will cover Dash Displacement Alternatives, Vehicles on Roof and Side, Stacked Vehicles, Under-Rides, Side Impact, Lifting, and various other probable site situations and on scene hazards.
– 2030 – Extrication Involving Vehicles with Advanced Steels: A vitally important presentation called Extrication Involving Vehicles with Advanced Steels will cover the challenges of the new structural steels being used in vehicles to increase their crashworthiness. Steels such as Boron are up to eight times stronger than the metal we typically find in vehicles and may be beyond the cutting capability of your rescue tools. Brock will explain what he learned during years of research on these steels and what you can do to prepare for Advanced Steels at your next crash scene. A very important aspect is how instructors can simulate Advanced Steels on older, acquired vehicles. Brock will explain a very unique and effective way to improve your extrication training.
– 2100 – Dismissal
Day 2 & 3 of 3- Presented By Brock Archer & Steve Kimker
– 0900 to 1700 – Hands on Extrication: During this two full days of hands on, participants will have plenty of time to practice all of the evolutions and concepts discussed in class. Focus is given to appropriate size up & evaluation of the vehicle BEFORE taking action. Participants will learn to “read” the construction and based on that evaluation, use every action to effect the rescue. Team movement and scene organization will be developed.
All participants will take home multiple class handouts, and a link to a file containing all of Instructor Archer’s presentations and notes, including videos, pictures and Power-Points. Although pictures from the training will be made available, attendants are also encouraged to bring a video and/or still camera to the hands on portion of the class to gather media for their in house training’s
– FILL OUT THE REGISTRATION FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE –
Cost – $250 Includes all 3 Days of Training
Space is Limited